The qualified trusted certification service for issuing of Mandate Certificate
WEBSITE UNDER CONTRUCTION
A Mandate Certificate is a qualified certificate for an electronic signature issued to a natural person authorised by law or by law to act for or on behalf of another person or public authority, or a natural person carrying out an activity pursuant to a specific regulation or performing a function under a special regulation.
National Agency for Network and Electronic Services provides also issuing of Mandate Certificate. The list of authorizations for which a mandate certificate can be issued is published on the website of the National Security Office.
The issuing of a mandate certificate for natural persons within the public authority is free of charge (the contract for the issuance of a mandate certificate). However, the public authority must procure some of the supported QSCDs in its own direction. The National Agency for Network and Electronic Services (NASES) technical conditions currently allow the Slovak National Certification Authority NASES to provide support for the following QSCD:
- Chip card Gemalto IDPrime 940, format FULLSIZE, software Gemalto SAC, with required technical parameters:
Product name: IDPrime 940
Applet Version: IDPrime Java Applet 4.4.2.A
Common Criteria (CC): CC EAL5+ / PP QSCD
Certified facilities – QSCD according to Regulation (EU) no. 910/2014
Name of the QSCD in the list issued by the European Commission:“Carte IAS Classic en version 4.4.2 avec serveur MOC 1.1 sur plateforme Multiapp v4.0.1″
URL certification: https://www.ssi.gouv.fr/uploads/20190211_568.pdf
Validity of QSCD certification: do 11.06.2028
WARNING – when buying QSCD equipment Gemalto IDPrime 940 it is necessary to verify at the seller if the equipment meets higher stated parameters. Required technical parameters meet actual technical conditions of the certification authority National Agency for Network and Electronic Services, which are succefull saving of qualified certificate for supported QSCS equipment.
These products can be used for the safe generation and storage of private and public keys (key pairs), qualified certificates to produce qualified electronic signatures or to produce a qualified electronic seal.
- Chip card Siemens (ATOS) version CardOSv4.4
Please note that qualified certificates issued by the Slovak National Certification Authority on chip cards Siemens (ATOS) version CardOSv4.4 will be canceled on the 16th of December 2021.
According to Article 19 (1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 and on the basis of guidance received from the National Security Authority, as a body overseeing qualified trust service providers, the operator of qualified trust services is obliged to notify any changes when providing their qualified trust services to all customers and reliant parties. In the sense of the above the Slovak National Certification Authority informs about the fact that the chip cards Siemens (ATOS) version CardOSv4.4 certification expires on the 15th of December 2021.
According to Act no. 272/2016 Coll. on Trust Services Providers are obliged to secure that the issued qualified certificate will contain accurate, true and complete data. All subjects and owners of chip cards Siemens (ATOS) version CardOSv4.4 with valid qualified mandate certificate for electronic signature, or qualified certificate for electronic seal, which validity is later than the date 15th of December 2021, will have canceled these certificates. NASES has been providing information on the approaching expiration of the certificates of the mentioned chip cards of clients applying for the issuance of new certificates since January 2021.
Subjects and owners of these types of chip cards are recommended to ensure that qualified certificates are issued in advance by standard procedure applicable to the issue of the certificate on another device for making qualified electronic signatures or seals.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR THE ISSUE OF A MANDATE CERTIFICATE(S):
1. Filling in an application for qualified trust services
- in the application, the public authority shall fill in the mandatory fields referred to in Part II of the application,
- the public authority in Part III of the application shall indicate option 3, request the issuance of a mandate certificate(s) and:
the number (how many mandate certificates are required) – we would like to inform you that the details for execution of the qualified signature of each user of the mandate certificate must be stored on the QSCD – the public authority therefore has to procure as many QSCD as the mandate certificates require
what identification data public authority requires for its staff to enter in the mandate certificate;
Annex to the application No. 2 – the public authority must fill in the annex to the application and the list of persons must be included in the annex to the application together with the authorization of the list of authorizations it requires for its employees / members / persons authorized to act on behalf of the public authority in the mandate certificate.
Note: The user of the mandate certificate issued in accordance with Act No.272/2016 Coll. is only a natural person authorised to act for or on behalf of a public authority who is in an employment relationship or similar working relationship with a public authority whose identification data are given in the mandate certificate or a natural person who carries out an activity under a special regulation or performs a function according to a special regulation and is a public authority.
2. Completion of the request for cancellation of the provided qualified trust services
- The public authority shall fill in the mandatory fields specified in II. parts of the application,
- Public authority in III. parts of the application shall indicate the 3nd possibility that it requests the cancellation of the provided qualified trusted service of issuing and verifying qualified certificates for the electronic seal and at the same time fills in Annex no. 2, listing all mandatory fields.
3. The application can be submitted or delivered as follows:
- Paper application to address Národná agentúra pre sieťové a elektronické služby, Trnavská cesta 100/II, 821 01 Bratislava
- Electronically to the electronic mailbox Národná agentúra pre sieťové a elektronické služby through the Central Government Portal´s electronic procedure „Všeobecná agenda“ (note: subject of the message has to be „Žiadosť o poskytovanie kvalifikovaných dôveryhodných služieb)
- You can also send application as a scan to the e-mail address email@example.com
It is necessary to appear in person at the office of the National Agency for Network and Electronic Services in the process of issuing a qualified certificate for a qualified electronic seal, with the date and time to be agreed in advance with the registration staff of Slovak National Certification Authority (SNCA).
If necessary, it is possible to be represented by an authorized person.